I’m getting married two months from today. I’ve been a little lax with my primal lifestyle, so it is time to get my body in shape.
Here is what I am doing:
- I cleared out my pantry, 100%. No non-primal foods around.
- Batch-cooking my meals on the weekends so I always have quality primal food around for breakfast, lunch, and dinner so that I don’t fall prey to convenience-eating non-primal food.
- Daily workouts from Mark Sisson’s 21 Day Total Body Transformation book. I’m not in the habit of structured exercise, so the step-up in the book is fitting. I will just repeat certain exercises for the last 40 days.
- Cutting out alcohol, except for one drink on the weekends. (I need a little bit of fun, you know?)
- Taking short breaks during the day to do squats and/or pushups by my desk. Even standing all day doesn’t necessarily keep the blood flowing, so this is my solution.
I’ll be tracking my progress by my pants size, the strength of my arms and legs, and my energy levels.
Here is how my batch-cooking went this weekend. In 3 hours on Sunday, I cooked:
- Carne asada
- Grilled chicken
- Roasted tri-tip
- Fennel, onion, mushroom, and chicken curry
- Sauteed kale and rainbow chard
- I am cooking the rest of the vegetables tomorrow. I had some leftover asparagus, so I ate that today.
I should be set for most, if not all, of the week. Now I have to do the workouts, but I’m thankful that I have an action plan already set up.
How do you get ready for summer?