- The always-worth-reading Gary Taubes is back in the NYT, this time rescuing salt.
- Slate magazine argues that humans are pathetic at every physical challenge except one, in a provocatively titled piece, All Men Can’t Jump: Why nearly every sport except long-distance running is fundamentally absurd.
- More bad news for soy: The latest study says soy doesn’t improve cognitive functioning as hoped — but doctors recommend taking it anyways since it’s low fat.
- STING OPERATION: The ATF set up a sting in Chicago, catching three men and arresting them on felony charges. Their crime? Trying to buy cigarettes that weren’t approved by Uncle Sam.
- STING OPERATION PART 2: Watch for black markets arising in soda smuggling, should we travel down the Bloomberg path of politics and prohibition.