My parents, who started the primal challenge 5 days ago, emailed me this recipe to post for a primal version of apple crumble that they came up with tonight, complete with honey from their own bee hives. Thanks, Mom and Dad! Keep up the good work!
Primal Apple Crumble
1 large apple
1 tbsp of honey
1/4 cup of pecans
1/4 cup of almonds
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 stick of butter
- Peel, core and chop the apple, lightly dust with some of the cinnamon
- Melt butter in a small bowl
- Finely chop your pecans and almonds, combine with the melted butter
- and the rest of the cinnamon and honey.
- Place the apples in two ramekins and smear the nut topping on top of the apples.
- Bake at 350 Deg F for 20 minutes.