One of the first things I saw when I woke up Thursday was this tweet from Andy Soell:
It made my morning. Andy and January signed up to do a Primal Challenge with us just over a month ago — you may recall they lost 18 pounds in their first 10 days — and they just crushed it. Here’s a quick snapshot of their 30-day primal experience, as told by Andy:
- We learned to cook some really tasty, healthy meals
- It was a good exercise in getting to know our ingredients and tastes again
- Our energy level has definitely increased
- The “3pm crash” isn’t a daily occurance anymore
- We have seen some definite physical improvements
- I’ve actually dropped two whole pant sizes since I last went shopping — I’m actually down to the same pant size I wore when I first met January seven years ago!
- It really hasn’t been hard
- The effects have been overwhelmingly positive
So now that their month-long experiment with the primal lifestyle is up, are they going to stick with it, or go back to their pre-primal life? Andy answers that question in their Primal Update: In Conclusion post:
I think we’re going to stick with this dietary philosophy going forward and try to keep the refined sugars, grains and beans out of our meals. If you’re intrigued by hearing our success, I definitely encourage you to give it a try. It’s only a month, and I can almost guarantee that you won’t be disappointed.
Congratulations Andy and January! You guys have become a real inspiration. We look forward to reading your updates (and recipes) and can’t wait to hear about your progress after your second and third months primal.
Can you imagine what awesome shape they’re going to be in when spring starts? We’re excited to find out!